EIAJ Video Reel
CV, Skip Field
EV, Sony 1" Reel
Vcord I, II
VHS Video Tape
Wet Audio Tapes
Film and Slides
8mm, Super 8
Wet Movie Film
Wet Audio & Video Tapes can be saved - Broken, dirty, moldy, and damage recovery.
WET TAPES CAN BE SAVED.
WET TAPES CAN BE SAVED!
Wet, Water damaged Recovery: $85 per tape, includes transfer to File or DVD; $35 minimum charge (blank tapes).
The success of wet, damaged tape recovery depends on many factors including type of tape and your proper handling. See additional information in FAQ and Recovery page. Number your tapes and keep a list of titles. We will charge a nominal fee for blank tapes because many man-hours are required to clean the tape only to find it is blank. Wet, dirty, hurricane, flooded basement, tape recovery. Wet, dirty, broken, damaged audio and video tape recovery, repair, and restoration.
Wet – Flood – Water – Fire – Smoke – Moldy – Broken - Video & Audio tapes
Wet Audio cassettes, open reel tape
Wet open Reel video tape, video cassettes (VHS, Beta, Umatic, 8mm, Hi8, miniDV) tapes, and more.
|The good news is that most wet, damaged tapes can be saved.
Wet tapes can be saved: audio, video cassettes and open reel tapes can be recovered, restored.
After a disaster, residential owners and businesses may recover wet, damaged, or moldy video and audio tapes and consider what can be done. Most VHS, VHS-c, 8mm, mini-DV, audio cassettes, reel to reel tapes, and others can be fully or partially recovered, restored, and saved to CDs, DVDs, or Hard Drive files.
Our $65 one price recovery includes everything required to save the tape and record it to DVD / CD or Hard Drive files. This may include rinsing, case disassembly for cleaning, baking, more cleanings, recording, basic audio and video editing, and transfer to CDs, DVDs, or Hard Drive files.
Let’s take a closer look...
Moldy video tape can be cleaned and recovered.
Generally, larger and/or older audio and video tapes are better at resisting permanent damage from flood water, hurricane dirt and debris, and other damage. Smaller camcorder video tapes, especially those marked ME or MP, are sensitive to water exposure and the length of time they are wet should be minimized. Most tapes can be completely or partially recovered and restored and the recording transferred to a more permanent media such as CDs, DVDs, or files that you can edit yourself.
Checklist - What can you do to help ensure successful recovery?
Wet, dirty, moldy tapes transferred
to CD/ DVD or USB hard drive.
1. If tapes are wet - leave them wet. If dry - leave them dry.
2. Number the tapes in the order you want them to play.
3. Using the tape numbers, make a list of titles for labeling.
4. Gently rinse very dirty or visually contaminated tapes.
5. Drain excess water and seal several tapes per zip-lock bag.
6. Double or triple bag and put a small cloth in bottom of box.
7. Print our Shipping Label from the website and pack very well.
8. Send us an email through the website.
9. We will reply when tapes arrive and provide a cost estimate.
10. We give findings after tapes are recorded & request payment.
How it works:
1. CONTACT US with questions or to get an estimate.
2. Print our SHIPPING LABEL from the tab at the top of the web page.
3. Number your tapes/media, keep a list, and enclose titles and contact info.
4. Seal in plastic bags, Pad very well, use Standard mailing envelope or corrugated box.
5. We confirm arrival and email our findings and normally bill using Paypal.
(Paypal accepts credit cards for us and you do not need to be a member).
6. Prepay and checks accepted. Normal completion is 3 weeks.
Let me first say what a joy of tears it brought me to see my youngest son brought into the world! Thank you so much for being able to recover [flood damaged wet and dirty 8mm tapes] of our family memories. Sarah, Colorado, CO 80503.
Thanks for the DVD [moldy, stuck together, broken 8mm tape], You're awesome! - Lindsey, St. Louis, Missouri.
You did a great job saving the impossible my friend [wet Umatic tape that dried]! - Blake We got the [VHS] 'flood' tapes and DVds yesterday. We sat and watched one of them last night and it made us cry good tears. Thank you for your help. We did not expect to ever see our (little) kids again. - Cindy
My son and his wife and daughter (who is now the same age as her daddy when he was in the video) were delighted. Thank you for helping us to preserve this [3 umatic video tapes that were wet and now dry and full of mud] enjoyable keepsake. - Carol, Chicago Illinois, IL 60626.
Transfer recover Wet Video Tapes, Flood Damaged, Dirty, Wet, Muddy, Moldy tapes, Hurricane Water, and other damage to DVD, Hard drive, Flash drive, web files.